Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tool #9

Tool #9


Technology is the way of the world and if we can tie it to our objectives students will be exposed to it and understand the importance of technology all around us. 
Students should be hold accountable for their stations because if they are not it loses the value of the station. Accountability is important in everything that we do. 
I like and use MangaHigh. It provides them with extra practice on their math skills and I use it in stations as their independent activity. They like the games and don't realize they are using math. I also like and use Thinkfinity. It has a TON of math activities that provide math skills and they are not too complicated. This can be used in stations as independent and/or with teacher depending on the students. 
In the IPad I have downloaded an interactive white board which I use to help students with a problem and I record it for later use. I also have math facts flashcards which i put students on independent station to practice their math facts. I also have downloaded math games for them to use.
They could also use the IPad/IPod and open files from Dropbox and do those activities as part of stations. Some students may be able to do it independently some may not.

No comments:

Post a Comment